Bangor Pride--A Small School Building Big Futures
An innovative, small school creating excellence through personalized learning and relationships for all
Values we hold:
Student-centered, Safety, Opportunities for all, Small class sizes, Fiscally sustainable, Foster community, Continuous improvement, Professionalism
Goals for the 2022-23 School Year
During the 2022-23 school year all educators will actively engage in a collaborative Professional Learning Community (PLC) process supported by the District. Critical characteristics of an effective PLC process includes…..
a. A careful consideration of the 4 key questions.
● What do we want all students to know and be able to do?
● How will we know if they learn it?
● How will we respond when some students do not learn?
● How will we extend the learning for students who are already proficient?
b. A relentless focus on student learning.
● Essential Learning Outcomes (ELOs) for all subjects at all levels. (English Language Arts and Specialist first at elementary school)
● Enhanced focus in 22-23 on the creation and implementation of target based grading
c. Prioritization is placed on creating an inclusive learning environment where both students and staff feel a sense of belonging and are engaged in the learning process.
d. Establish and support PLC guiding coalitions in each building.
Pro-actively promote the Bangor School District.